Search for Jobs

2 Results
Duke University School of Medicine
Durham, NC, United States
15 days ago
National Reconnaissance Office (NRO)
Chantilly, VA, US
Jobs from the Web
Duke University School of Medicine
Durham, North Carolina, United States
15 days ago

Description

The Center for Health Measurement in the Department of Population Health Sciences at Duke University School of Medicine invites applications for a 2-year Postdoctoral Fellow with interest in clinical outcomes assessments, survey methodology, psychometric evaluation, and/or stated-preference research. The MaRS Postdoctoral Fellow will join a multi-disciplinary research team that conducts innovative patient-centered outcomes research to bring the voices of the patients and caregivers more directly into care planning, treatment decisions, and health policy.

  • Receive one-on-one training by Duke faculty mentor(s) with expertise in clinical outcomes assessments (patient-reported, observer-reported, clinician-reported, and performance outcomes), patient preference assessment, regulatory science, and/or stakeholder engagement
  • Conduct independent research activities under the guidance of an industry mentor and a Duke faculty mentor
  • Complete a tailored program with a core set of competencies, including:
    • Designing, selecting or evaluating clinical outcomes assessments (COAs)
    • Integrating COAs in clinical trials
    • Survey methods for valuing outcomes and assessing preferences
    • Patient-focused drug and device development

Fellowship Structure

The term of the appointment is two years. Approximately 80% of time in Year 1 is spent training in Durham, NC under the mentorship of a Duke Faculty member, while the remaining 20% is spent receiving mentoring from an industry partner. In Year 2, 80% of the Fellow’s time is spent training with an industry partner, and Duke Faculty will provide mentoring for the remaining 20%. The goal is to transition the MaRS fellow to a full time position in industry or regulatory agency.

Year 1 is focused on strengthening skills via didactic training and participation in ongoing studies involving COAs. During this time, fellows may attend graduate-level courses offered through Duke's Department of Population Health Science's graduate program or other ad hoc courses offered throughout Duke. The Fellow will participate in a mentored research project on patient-centered outcomes research.

Year 2 is focused on real-world, experiential patient-centered research with the industry partner. The Fellow will continue to conduct a mentored project that is both related to patient-centered research and can contribute to regulatory decision making and policy making, under the guidance of an industry mentor and a Duke faculty mentor.

Applications are due by December 5, 2022. Apply here: Duke University Job Board for MaRS Fellowship



Requirements

Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:

  • PhD, DrPH, ScD, MD, or other doctoral degree in public health, psychometrics, education measurement, biostatistics, medical sociology/anthropology, nursing, medicine, quantitative psychology, or a related field
  • At least two semesters of quantitative coursework
  • Ability to move to Durham, NC for first year of the program
  • Exceptional communicator in both written and oral form of English

Preferred education experience and skills:

  • Prior experience with health outcomes research
  • Experience with additional methodological work (quantitative or qualitative)

Job Information

  • Job ID: 64866275
  • Location:
    Durham, North Carolina, United States
    Durham, North Carolina, United States
  • Position Title: Measurement and Regulatory Science (MaRS) Postdoctoral Fellow
  • Company Name For Job: Duke University School of Medicine
  • Job Function: Academia,
    Research
  • Job Type: Fellowship
  • Job Duration: 1-2 Years
  • Min Education: Ph.D.
  • Min Experience: None
  • Required Travel: None
  • Salary: $57,857.00 - $57,857.00 (Yearly Salary)

Please refer to the company's website or job descriptions to learn more about them.

View Full Profile

Jobs You May Like
Filters
Job Function
State